Move over Aperol Spritz, this Grapefruit Gin Spritz has arrived and you're officially old news! The combination of grapefruit, gin, and prosecco creates a cocktail that is bubbly, light, refreshing, and so delicious. It's truly the perfect spring and summer drink for your next gathering!
I truly believe delicious cocktails can easily be made at home, and this drink totally backs that up. You don't need a fancy bar or restaurant to have a 'high-end' cocktail.
Pair this spritzer with this seafood pasta and you've got yourself a 5-star summer meal. OR feel free to make a big batch to serve as the feature cocktail at your next gathering with friends and family.
Please drink responsibly! 🙂
Why you'll love this recipe
This grapefruit gin cocktail is going to be your new summer cocktail!
- You only need 4 ingredients and a cocktail shaker
- It's so quick and easy to make - it comes together in literally 5 minutes!
- It's vegan and gluten-free
- It's a low calorie drink!
This grapefruit gin spritz is a vegan cocktail, but be warned, not all alcohol is vegan! If keeping this drink vegan is important to you but you're not sure if what you typically buy is vegan, check out Barnivore, a site that allows you to look up any alcohol and confirm the ingredients!
Gin: It wouldn't be a gin spritz without it! If you have a favorite gin, use that! I used this local gin.
Prosecco: for bubbles and flavor that will help balance the grapefruit. I used Mionetto for this recipe but again feel free to use your favorite prosecco, champagne, or sparkling wine.
Club Soda: to top off this drink with added taste and fizz!
Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice: either freshly squeezed or store-bought will work perfectly! Grapefruit is very tart and can be somewhat of an acquired taste. SO, if you've never had grapefruit before, give it a try before making this cocktail.
Like I said, cocktails at home are so easy! There are only 2 things you have to do before you get to enjoy this drink:
Add ice and all ingredients to a cocktail shaker or a pitcher. If you're using a cocktail shaker, shake it for about 15 seconds! The shaker should feel frozen to touch. If you're putting everything in a pitcher, just stir it well with a cocktail spoon.
Strain your grapefruit gin spritz into a glass. Most spritz cocktails are served over ice, so feel free to add ice to your glass! I didn't only because I'm a slow drinker and I don't want to risk watering it down. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a fresh rosemary sprig and enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
Use tonic or sparking water (seltzer) instead of club soda! They have grapefruit flavored seltzers if you want even more grapefruit flavor.
Make this recipe sweeter, and not as tart, by using a traditionally sweeter sparkling wine like moscato or adding in 1-2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup.
If you're not a fan of gin, feel free to use vodka or tequila instead.
You can use white grapefruit juice or pink grapefruit juice if you prefer or if you can't find ruby red!
Make this recipe even more simple by using pink grapefruit gin! Ditch the grapefruit juice and just add the Prosecco and club soda.
- Add a sugar rim! I know this isn't a total necessity but I really think it takes this drink to the next level and helps to balance out the tartness. Plus, it's so easy to add! Just run a grapefruit wedge around the rim of your glass, then once wet, dip it into mixture of sugar and grapefruit zest.
- Make sure all your ingredients are chilled. You won't have to use as much ice, which means you don't have to worry about watering down the cocktail. Plus, it's just more refreshing overall!
- Taste and adjust!! We all have a different tolerance for alcohol, so feel free to add more club soda/grapefruit juice or more gin/Prosecco based on your preference.
Yes! This cocktail can definitely be prepped ahead of time. I recommend mixing all ingredients in a pitcher without ice then storing it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve. Making it without ice ensures the cocktail won't get watered down! Add ice to the pitcher or individual glasses once ready to serve.
You can truly use any gin you like! I always like to support local distilleries, but if you don't have that option (or just don't like what they're selling), I always suggest: Sipsmith London Dry, Tanqueray London Dry, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Hayman's London Dry, Monkey 47, Beefeater London Dry, Gray Whale, or Botanist Islay Dry.
Other recipes you might like
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. If you have any questions or feedback at all, send me an e-mail or leave a comment and review below. I hope you love this dish as much as we do!
Grapefruit Gin Spritz
Grapefruit Gin Spritz:
- 2 ounces gin
- 6 ounces prosecco
- 4 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces club soda or sparkling water
- 1-2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup optional
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- grapefruit slices
- ice cubes
Sugar Rim, optional:
- ¼ cup fine white sugar
- Zest from ½ grapefruit
- Add gin, prosecco, grapefruit juice, agave and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 15-30 seconds, until cold to touch.2 ounces gin, 6 ounces prosecco, 4 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, 1-2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- Run a grapefruit wedge along the rim of your glass then into a combination of sugar and grapefruit zest.¼ cup fine white sugar, Zest from ½ grapefruit
- Strain your grapefruit gin spritz into your rimmed glasses and top with a splash of club soda. Most spritz cocktails are served over ice, so feel free to add ice to your glass!2 ounces club soda, ice cubes
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a fresh rosemary sprig and enjoy!grapefruit slices, 2 sprigs rosemary
Big gin girl here, these are delicious
These images are beyond stunning but this drink is so yummy! I followed the recipe to a T and then made it into a grapefruit vodka spritz..delish
Pinch of Parsley
Thank you so much! I usually prefer vodka, but I really liked gin with this!