These vegan rice paper rolls are fresh, light, healthy, and so easy to make! They're packed with raw, crunchy vegetables & vermicelli noodles and served alongside a creamy spicy peanut sauce. They're perfect as a light lunch, weeknight dinner or as a hand-held appetizer!
Fresh Spring Rolls
- 10-12 rice paper wrappers
- 4 oz vermicelli noodles
- 6 butterhead lettuce leaves, halved
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 mini cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup edamame
- 1-2 avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sweet thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup, optional
- juice from 1 lime
- Cook vermicelli noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water and soak 1 rice paper wrapper until pliable, about 30 seconds.
- Place the soaked wrapper onto a dampened cutting board or dish towel. Begin assembly by starting with a layer of butterhead lettuce, then the vermicelli noodles, red cabbage, carrot and cucumber sticks, avocado slices, and finish with cilantro.
- Gently fold over the right and left sides first, then take the bottom end of the rice paper gently pull it over the ingredients. Once you fold it over, tuck in any of the filling that may be coming loose and then continue roll it upward, away from your body until sealed, leaving the seam side down!
- Repeat for all rolls.
- Whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients.
- Serve immediately with the fresh spring rolls and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge between two damp paper towels or individually wrapped in plastic wrap.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Appetizer
- Method: Roll
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Serving Size: 1 Spring Roll
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan rice paper roll, vegan spring roll, vegan vietnamese spring roll, vegan fresh spring roll, vegan summer roll