These vegan buttermilk pancakes are all you need to make your Sunday mornings a whole lot brighter! With one bowl, 7 ingredients, and 15 minutes of your time, you're just moments away from a delicious breakfast.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup vegan buttermilk (1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make your vegan buttermilk by mixing 1 cup of non-dairy milk with apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes.
- To the vegan buttermilk, add in the vanilla and give it a stir. Then add in the flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Mix together until JUST combined.
- Set pancake griddle to 350 degrees F or your stove to medium heat. Grease griddle or pan lightly with cold vegan butter or cooking spray.
- For each pancake scoop the batter using an ice cream scooper or a 1/3 cup measure and pour onto your heated griddle or pan. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bubbles in the exposed batter have formed and start to pop. Flip the pancake and let it cook for another minute, until golden brown then remove from the griddle. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or any preferred toppings!
Recipe can be made gluten-free by subbing out all purpose flour with gluten-free or oat flour.
Leftovers can be store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full disclosure here.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Pancakes
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 358mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: vegan buttermilk pancakes, gluten-free vegan pancakes, vegan pancakes, vegan gluten-free pancakes