This easy, one pot, vegan 3 bean chili is the ultimate comfort dish this fall and winter! Ready in less than 30 minutes, it's the perfect option for a quick, simple, & hearty lunch or dinner. Check out the FAQ section if you'd like to cook this recipe in a crock pot, slow cooker, or instant pot.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or any cooking oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 28 ounce can marinara sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth, optional (was not used in images shown)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup plant-based ground beef (Gardein or Beyond Meat)
- Vegan sour cream
- Vegan cheddar shreds
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add in your spices, stir to coat the onion and garlic, and let cook for a minute or two.
- Add in pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans, vegan ground beef crumbles, corn, and marinara sauce. Stir to combine and then let simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. If a thinner consistency is desired, add in 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Serve over rice or quinoa and top with your preferred garnishes. I personally chose lime juice, sour cream, cheese, and avocado.
The vegan ground meat can be replaced with tofu, lentils, TVP, or seitan.
Leftovers stored in an airtight container will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Instant Pot version: first set to sauté mode and add the oil, garlic, and onions, cooking until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients, secure the lid, and cook on manual or high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Immediately release the pressure, then serve.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot version: add all of the ingredients to the crockpot and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full disclosure here.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 16.2g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan chili, three bean chili, 3 bean chili, vegan 3 bean chili, vegan three bean chili