This easy chimichurri sauce recipe is my absolute favorite version of this delicious, herb-based condiment that originates from Argentina and Uruguay. This recipe is made in one blender and is ready in under 5 minutes.
- 1 cup of italian parsley (aka flat-leaf parsley), packed
- 1 cup of cilantro, packed
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/2 small red onion (~1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until herbs are finely chopped and everything has combined. Scrape down the sides of the blend or processor if anything gets stuck on the walls to ensure everything gets belnded.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For the herbs, uses mostly leaves and some tender stems. You can cut of the bottom of the bunches.
For a milder flavor, use 1 shallot instead of 1/2 a red onion.
You can use white wine vinegar instead of red wine vinegar.
If you hate cilantro, you can omit it and double the amount of parsley. This actually makes the recipe more authentic!
Feel free to use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
For a chunkier chimichurri, reduce the amount of pulsing or blending. For a creamier chimichurri, increase the amount of pulsing or blending!
Serve the chimichurri at room temperature. If it's too hot, it will separate and if it's too cold it will be very thick and difficult to spread.
Use FRESH herbs! This will give the best flavor and it looks prettier.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: chimichurri, chimichurri sauce, chimichurri ingredients, easy chimichurri sauce