Packed with herbs & spices, this crispy baked falafel recipe is loaded with delicious flavor. They are moist on the inside, crispy on the outside, and are quick & easy to make.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight or for 10-12 hours
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves and stems, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling before baking
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- water, to thin
- Start by soaking the dried chickpeas in a large bowl of 3-4 cups water overnight or for at least 10-12 hours. The chickpeas should double to triple in size.
- Once the chickpeas have been soaked, drain and pat dry. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse everything together until a dough is formed and the ingredients are well-combined.
- Using your hands, scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and gently roll into a ball, or shape into a patty until all of the mixture has been used. Place the falafels on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the falafels with generously with olive oil and bake for 22-25 minutes, flipping half way through, until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer with a tahini or vegan tzatziki sauce and hummus, on pita bread with veggies, or in a buddha bowl!
Dried chickpeas cannot be swapped with canned chickpeas.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full disclosure here.
- Serving Size: 4 Falafel
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 489mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Protein: 11.7g
Keywords: baked falafel, air fryer falafel, fried falafel, vegan baked falafel, gluten-free falafel