Fluffy, moist, and easy to make, this vegan chocolate chip banana bread truly hits the spot!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an aluminium loaf pan (mine was 8 1/2 x 4/12) with parchment paper or grease well with butter or spray and set aside.
- Make the vegan buttermilk mixture by combining the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, light brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- In the bowl you have the buttermilk in, add mashed banana, melted butter, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until JUST combined. Mix once or twice more to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, leaving about 1-inch of space between the batter and the top of the pan (you'll likely have left over batter), then bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If your bread is browning too quickly, carefully tent it with some foil for the remainder of the bake time.
- Let the banana bread completely cool on a cooling rack for at least 1 hour before slicing to ensure it doesn't sink in on itself or fall apart. Slice and serve with vegan butter or peanut butter, if desired, and enjoy!
Bake the bread in a light colored metal loaf pan, such as aluminum.
Test to see if the loaf is cooked all the way by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it's good to go (ignore the melty chocolate)!
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 14.8g
- Sodium: 327mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegan banana bread, vegan chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread