Tossed in a creamy, lemony, white bean 'alfredo' sauce, this asparagus & pea pasta is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! It's vegan, high in plant-based protein, and only takes 20 minutes to make.
- 16 ounces pasta of choice (thicker, flat pasta recommended)
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into thirds
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 2 cups cannellini beans (~1.5 (15oz) cans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Before draining reserve 1 cup of pasta water to make reheating easier!
- While the pasta is cooking, add garlic and onion with a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Either to a food processor or to a high-speed blender, add drained and rinsed white beans, sautéed garlic & onion, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and nutritional yeast. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. If it looks too thick or you want a thinner sauce, add a bit more milk! It should be thick and creamy, yet very easy to pour.
- In the pan that you sautéed the garlic and onion in, add the last 1 tablespoon of oil and add chopped asparagus and peas. Saute for 5-10 minutes, or until as tender as you'd like. If you'd like to steam the veggies instead, throw them in with the pasta a few minutes before the pasta is ready!
- Add the asparagus and peas to the pasta and pour the sauce on top. Mix until combined and enjoy!
This pasta will stay fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Make sure you are using unsweetened and unflavored non-dairy milk. To keep this recipe nut-free, use soy milk.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 137mg
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Protein: 14.2g
Keywords: nut-free vegan alfredo sauce, white bean pasta, asparagus pea pasta, vegan asparagus pasta, vegan asparagus and pea pasta, pea pasta, vegan alfredo sauce, spaghetti al limone, lemon asparagus pasta, creamy asparagus pasta